What is a sales demo?
A SaaS sales demo is a live demonstration of a software-as-a-service (SaaS) product to potential customers. It is typically live, and showcases the features and functionalities of the SaaS solution in an interactive and engaging manner.
They are a critical part of the sales process.
These demos help companies effectively communicate the value and benefits of their SaaS solution, highlighting how it can solve specific pain points or streamline business processes.
Example sales demos:
A financial services company may use a sales demo to demonstrate how their accounting software simplifies complex financial tasks, improving efficiency and accuracy.
A healthcare provider may showcase their patient management system's ability to streamline scheduling, billing, and record-keeping, enhancing patient care and reducing administrative burdens.
Sales demos are often booked through a Request a Demo page. This page allows potential customers to express interest in the software product and schedule a live demo session with a sales representative.
What is a Request a Demo page?
A Request a Demo page is a crucial tool for businesses looking to showcase their products or services. It is a simple and straightforward way for potential customers to request a demonstration or more information about what a company has to offer.
This page typically includes a form where users can fill in their contact details and specify their interests or needs. By clicking the submit button, users are essentially raising their hand and expressing their desire to learn more.
For example, let's say you stumble upon a software company's website and are intrigued by their claims of increased productivity and streamlined workflows. By filling out the Request a Demo form, you can request a live demonstration where a sales representative will walk you through the software's features and benefits, helping you decide whether it aligns with your needs.
The goal of a Request a Demo page is to make it as easy as possible for potential customers to take the next step in their buying journey. It eliminates the need for them to search for contact information or send generic inquiries through email. Instead, they have a dedicated space to request a personalized and tailored demonstration.
Furthermore, a well-designed Request a Demo page can contribute to lead generation efforts and provide valuable insights into customer preferences and pain points. Businesses can use the information gathered from these requests to better understand their target audience and strategically refine their sales and marketing approach.
In summary, a Request a Demo page serves as a direct line of communication between businesses and potential customers. It allows users to express their interest in a company's offerings and initiates a personalized conversation. By providing a clear and user-friendly form, businesses can gather valuable data and guide potential customers towards making well-informed purchasing decisions.
Also known as...
Request a Demo pages are also known as:
- Demo Request Form
- Schedule a Demo
- Book a Demo
- Book a call
- Live demo
- Speak to us
- Contact us
- Let's chat
- Request a Free Trial
- Explore Our Product
Request a Demo page examples
Here's some annotated teardowns of Request a Demo page examples.
1. HubSpot: HubSpot's request a demo page stands out for its concise and compelling copy. The page clearly highlights the benefits of their software, such as improving marketing and sales alignment. Additionally, it includes specific examples of how their platform has helped companies achieve success. However, an opportunity for improvement could be to add more visual elements or a video to enhance engagement.
2. Salesforce: Salesforce's demo page is effective due to its clear call-to-action and straightforward form. The page emphasizes the customizable nature of their software and provides specific industry examples to resonate with visitors. To further improve, they could consider adding testimonials or case studies to build trust and credibility.
3. Slack: Slack's request a demo page excels in providing a simple and user-friendly experience. Their copy is concise yet impactful, emphasizing how their platform can streamline communication and boost productivity. One opportunity to improve would be to incorporate more visuals or interactive elements to captivate visitors and further demonstrate the platform's features.
4. Shopify: Shopify's demo page is notable for its clear formatting and easy-to-read sections. Their copy effectively highlights the benefits of their e-commerce platform, such as seamless customization and scalability. However, they could potentially enhance their page by including success stories or customer testimonials to showcase real-world results.
5. Microsoft Dynamics 365: The demo page for Microsoft Dynamics 365 impresses with its bold and attention-grabbing copy. They explicitly state the problems their software solves, like improving customer engagement and optimizing operations. While their page is already compelling, it could be enhanced by incorporating more visuals or interactive elements to engage visitors.
6. Zendesk: Zendesk's request a demo page excels in its use of specific examples to demonstrate the value of their customer support software. They showcase how their platform resolves complex issues while providing a seamless user experience. An opportunity for improvement could be to include more visuals or a video to further engage visitors.
7. Adobe Creative Cloud: The demo page for Adobe Creative Cloud captivates with its concise and visually appealing copy. It effectively communicates the benefits of their creative software, such as innovative design capabilities. However, they could potentially improve the page by including more interactive elements or case studies to showcase the possibilities of their software.
Creative Request a Demo Landing Page Examples
1. "Illuminating Possibilities" by Adobe Creative Cloud: This request a demo page showcases a stunning visual of a creative project being brought to life using Adobe's suite of tools. With a concise and bold headline, users are enticed to request a demo to see how they can be empowered to unlock their creativity with Adobe's software.
2. "Experience the Magic" by Disney+: Disney's request a demo landing page captures the essence of their beloved characters and stories. Through a simple and visually appealing design, users are invited to request a demo to experience the magic of Disney+ firsthand, whether it's watching their favorite movies or exploring exclusive content only available on the platform.
3. "Unleash Your Inner Chef" by KitchenAid: KitchenAid's request a demo page targets aspiring home cooks, highlighting their top-of-the-line appliances that can elevate any culinary experience. With specific examples of recipes and techniques that can be achieved with their products, users are enticed to request a demo to discover how KitchenAid can assist them in becoming a master chef in their own kitchen.
4. "Revolutionize Your Fitness Routine" by Peloton: Peloton's request a demo landing page offers a glimpse into the excitement and energy of their live workout sessions. By showcasing various workout classes and success stories, users are motivated to request a demo to revolutionize their fitness routine and bring the gym experience into the comfort of their own home.
5. "Transform Your Home" by IKEA: IKEA's request a demo page focuses on helping users transform their living spaces with their furniture and decor offerings. Through interactive room visualizations and inspiration from real customer projects, users are encouraged to request a demo to see how IKEA can bring their home design visions to life.
Let's build your request a demo page...
What should a Request a Demo page include?
To ensure it's effective, here are 6 key elements that should be included in your Request a Demo page. This is known as a Request a Demo page anatomy:
1. Clear and concise headline: Start with a bold headline that grabs attention and clearly states the purpose of the page, such as "Experience Our Product with a Personalized Demo."
2. Benefits description: Explain the benefits of your product or service in plain language. Use specific examples to highlight how it solves customer pain points and enhances their lives or businesses.
3. Call-to-action (CTA): Place a prominent CTA button that clearly invites visitors to request a demo. Use action-oriented language like "Schedule Your Demo Today" to encourage immediate action.
4. Demo request form: Keep the form simple and ask for essential information like name, email, phone number, and company name. Avoid overwhelming visitors with too many required fields.
5. Social proof: Showcase testimonials, case studies, or high-profile customer logos to build trust and credibility. Highlight how your product or service has successfully helped others in similar situations.
By including these key elements on your 'Request a Demo' page, you'll create an enticing and persuasive experience that encourages visitors to take the next step towards becoming valued customers.
What should a Request a Demo thank you page include?
Optimizing your Request a Demo landing page for higher conversion rates
To optimize demo landing pages for higher conversion rates, focus on the following strategies:
1. Use clear and compelling headlines: Craft powerful headlines that clearly communicate the value proposition and benefits of requesting a demo. For example, "Unlock the Power of Our Product with a Personalized Demo."
2. Streamline the form: Keep the form fields concise and gather only essential information. Long and complex forms can deter visitors from completing the conversion. Ask for details like name, email, and company size to strike a balance between gathering necessary data and respecting their time.
3. Include social proof: Display testimonials, case studies, or reviews from satisfied customers to build trust and credibility. Seeing positive experiences from others can encourage visitors to take the next step.
4. Highlight key features: Showcase the most valuable features of your product or service using concise and visually appealing descriptions. Use bullet points or short paragraphs to quickly convey the benefits customers can expect.
5. Add a strong call-to-action: Clearly state the action you want users to take, such as "Request Your Demo Now." Use contrasting colors, large buttons, or compelling language to make the call-to-action stand out and create a sense of urgency.
By implementing these optimization techniques, your demo landing pages will become more effective in capturing the interest of visitors and increasing conversion rates.
Find more tips on Request a Demo conversion here.
How to create a request a demo page
To create an effective "Request a Demo" page, there are a few key elements to consider. Firstly, make sure the copy is concise, bold, and written in plain language. Clearly outline the benefits of requesting a demo and explain what users can expect from the experience.
Use specific examples to highlight the features and capabilities of your product or service. This will help potential customers understand how it can solve their problems or meet their needs. Consider including customer testimonials or case studies to add credibility to your offering.
Optimize the page for easy navigation and user-friendly experience. Keep the form simple, asking for minimal contact details. Include a clear and prominent call-to-action button that directs visitors to the demo request form.
Furthermore, provide multiple contact options such as a phone number, email address, and live chat, to accommodate various preferences. This helps users feel supported and ensures they can reach out for further information or assistance.
Overall, a successful "Request a Demo" page focuses on the benefits, uses specific examples, and makes it easy for users to take action. By following these key steps, you can create a compelling page that encourages potential customers to engage with your product or service.
Promoting your request a demo page...
Request a Demo page call to actions
Are you ready to see our product in action? Request a demo today and experience firsthand how our innovative solution can transform your business. With just a few clicks, you can schedule a personalized demo with one of our expert representatives who will guide you through the features, benefits, and possibilities our solution offers. Don't miss this opportunity to explore how our product can streamline your processes, boost productivity, and drive results.
To further promote our request a demo page, we can create a compelling email campaign that highlights the key advantages of our product and directs recipients to the page to schedule their demos. Additionally, we can offer a limited-time incentive, such as a free trial or exclusive access to a premium feature, to incentivize potential customers to request a demo. Another effective strategy is partnering with industry influencers or authoritative websites to publish guest posts, featuring a call to action that encourages readers to visit our request a demo page. Finally, leveraging social media platforms through visually appealing graphics, enticing captions, and clear calls to action can generate excitement and lead potential customers to the page.
Don't wait any longer. Take the first step towards revolutionizing your business by requesting a demo today. Your success starts here!
Once the lead has booked a demo...
What happens after someone requests a demo?
After someone requests a demo, we want to ensure a seamless and personalized experience. Here's what you can expect:
Sync with your CRM
1. Confirmation Email: You'll receive an immediate confirmation email, acknowledging your demo request. This ensures that we've received your request and are working on it promptly.
2. Demo Scheduling Email: Our team will reach out to you within 24 hours to schedule a demo at a time that suits you best. We understand the importance of accommodating your schedule.
3. Demo Confirmation Email: Before the scheduled demo, we'll send you a confirmation email with all the details, including the date, time, and the platform we'll use to conduct the demo. This allows you to make any necessary preparations.
4. Reminder Email: A friendly reminder will be sent a day before the demo to help you remember the upcoming appointment. We value your time and want to ensure you don't miss out.
5. Follow-Up Email: After the demo, we'll send you a follow-up email to gauge your experience, address any questions or concerns, and discuss next steps. We want to make sure we've met your expectations and assist you further.
By sending these purposeful emails, we aim to provide you with a smooth and tailored demo experience, showcasing the value and functionality of our product.
Who should the demo be with?
The demo should be run by a team member who possesses strong presentation skills and in-depth knowledge of the product or service being showcased. This person should be confident and able to communicate effectively with the audience.
Ideally, the team member who has played a key role in developing and testing the product should run the demo. They have a deep understanding of the product's features, functionality, and benefits, allowing them to provide detailed explanations and answer any technical questions that may arise.
This could be someone from your sales team, customer success or product team.
Additionally, this team member should be able to tailor the demo to the specific needs and interests of the audience. They should be able to highlight the key points that will resonate with the viewers, ensuring that the demo is impactful and engaging.
For example, let's consider a software development company. If the demo is about a new project management tool, the team member who has worked on the tool's design and development should run the demo. They can provide insights into the tool's user-friendly interface, efficient task management capabilities, and seamless collaboration features, making the audience truly understand the benefits and value offered by the product.
In conclusion, the demo should be run by a team member who possesses a combination of presentation skills, product knowledge, and audience awareness, enabling them to effectively and confidently showcase the product's features and benefits.
What should the demo include?
When showcasing a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) product, the demo should focus on key features and benefits that captivate potential customers. It should be concise, bold, and in plain language, effectively conveying the unique value proposition. Here's what the demo should include in under 200 words:
1. Introduction: Begin with a brief overview of the product, explaining what problem it solves and why it stands out from competitors.
2. Core Features: Highlight the most essential features that address customers' pain points. Show how these features work through live or recorded examples, demonstrating their simplicity and effectiveness.
3. Ease of Use: Emphasize the user-friendly interface and intuitive navigation. Explain how the product can be easily adopted and integrated into existing workflows, using specific use cases or scenarios.
4. Customization and Scalability: Showcase the flexibility of the SaaS product, highlighting its ability to adapt to diverse business needs. Mention how it can scale as the customer's requirements evolve, ensuring long-term value.
5. Data Security and Compliance: Address clients' concerns by emphasizing strong security measures, data encryption, and compliance with industry regulations. Detail any certifications or audits that the product has undergone.
6. Customer Success Stories: Share real-life case studies or testimonials from satisfied clients. Highlight how their businesses have benefited from using your product, showcasing measurable results and success metrics.
7. Pricing and Support: Summarize the pricing model and plans available, offering clear and transparent information. Explain the support channels provided, such as email, phone, or live chat, to ensure customer satisfaction.
By incorporating these key elements into the demo, the SaaS solution can effectively demonstrate its value, ultimately driving customer interest and engagement.
Let's try something else
How can I automate my demos?
Yes, it is possible to automate demos, and there are several tools available that can assist with this process. One popular tool is Selenium, an open-source framework that supports multiple programming languages and allows for automated testing and demo scenarios. Selenium enables users to record actions performed in a web browser and play them back, saving time and effort in repeating the same steps for showcasing a demo.
Another tool to consider is Appium, which is specifically designed for automating mobile applications. Appium supports both Android and iOS platforms, allowing users to automate demos for mobile apps seamlessly.
Furthermore, there are tools like Puppeteer and Cypress that provide automation capabilities for web applications. These tools allow for easy scripting and execution of demo scenarios, streamlining the process for showcasing web-based demos.
By automating demos, businesses can save valuable time, increase efficiency, and improve consistency in their presentations. With tools like Selenium, Appium, Puppeteer, and Cypress, repetitive tasks can be eliminated, enabling presenters to focus on delivering a flawless, engaging demo experience.
In conclusion, automating demos is not only possible but also highly beneficial. With the right tools, businesses can automate demo scenarios and save time and effort, ensuring a consistent and impressive demonstration every time.
Demo request email templates
Subject: Your Personalized Demo Awaits!
Thank you for requesting a demo of our innovative [product/service]. We are excited to show you how our [solution] can revolutionize your [specific need].
To ensure we meet your expectations, we have scheduled a personalized demo with one of our experts. During the demo, you will learn how our [product/service] seamlessly integrates with your existing systems, saves you valuable time, and drives exceptional results.
Subject: Discover the Power of [Product/Service] - Requested Demo Inside!
We received your demo request for our cutting-edge [product/service], and we can't wait to introduce you to its incredible capabilities. Our team has carefully crafted a demo tailored to your specific needs, aimed at demonstrating the true power and potential of [product/service].
Join us for an interactive session where you'll gain insights into how our solution streamlines processes, generates actionable analytics, and empowers you to make data-driven decisions. Our experienced representative will guide you through real-life examples, illustrating how [product/service] has helped companies like yours achieve unparalleled success.
Subject: Exclusive Preview: Your Requested Demo is Ready!
Your request for a demo of our revolutionary [product/service] has been swiftly catered to. Get ready for an exclusive preview of the groundbreaking features that make our solution second to none.
Experience firsthand the intuitive user interface, seamless workflow automation, and customizable options designed to elevate your productivity. Our knowledgeable team will be available to address any questions or concerns during this interactive demo, ensuring it meets your unique business requirements.
We look forward to hearing your feedback and discussing how [product/service] can be a game-changer for your organization.