Warning! This post discusses a highly-addictive marketing technique.
When reviewing your landing page performance, the more data points the better. We've discussed landing page metrics, exit intent, and landing page conversion killers. Today let's discuss Screen Recordings (also known as Session Recordings, Visitor Recording, and Replay Tools) - using software to capture and re-watch the exact journey a visitor takes through your website.
These tools traditionally capture the visitors' mouse movements, scrolling, clicks, page views (journeys), and keyboard strokes.
There are several tools on the market that allow you track visitors through your site, and today I am going to share the 5 I currently recommend.
When reviewing your landing page's visitor sessions here are some things to look out for:
- Identify how your visitors are navigating from page to page
- Look for weird mouse activity like rage clicking
- Find what content your visitors pause on
- Find what content visitors leave on
- Look out for display, loading issues and bugs on your pages and screens